Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy.

This week will be a week of joy. Whatever I have to climb over, wade through crawl under or bypass... I will. It's not an unreasonable plan. It's been a couple of very rough weeks I need this and will have it at almost any cost.

I've had a couple of people, one a very dear friend, ask me how I felt about them getting "choose joy" tattoos. I've been very open to it. I think a tattoo is a very personal decision and I'm flattered that anyone would even consider such a thing. It's an honor. Last week I received an email from someone who's slowly become a friend. She started out as this very funny, bright, girl who got my vitals when I met with my oncologist at WVCI. She's become a very important part of my process. Her smile, laughter and attitude have been a kind of chemo for me each week. Saturday she got the tattoo.

joy,choose joy,tattoo,tatts

I, again, feel very honored. But I'm also reminded to get my butt in gear. It's been very tempting, recently, to slip into depression. I must admit I've been fighting it a little just tonight (Sunday). Tomorrow I won't fight it anymore. I'll just let it be there if it's there and choose to find the joy in each moment in spite of it.

I hope you'll join me.

This week, for those keeping track of my schedule, I'll be getting a stomach shot tomorrow morning, back to chemo on Tuesday, then court for my (grrrr) $300 traffic ticket on Wednesday. From there I'm avoiding planning. They'll be adjusting my chemo and changing my drugs on Tuesday. It's probably going to really pump up the side-effects. On the other hand, more time in chemo means more time with pretty women bringing me free juice right?

No comments: