Tuesday, July 07, 2009

My Dog Is Trying To Steal My Lunch... And I Love It


Today is the fourth from the last of my final work week. Just thought I'd mention that. It's a huge thing for me. In fact, next to cancer, it's the biggest thing to happen to me this year. It's another step in the process that is my life with cancer.

Tomorrow is chemo, provided my blood work comes back better.

I am amazed at what I continue to learn. God's grace is endless. It's one of those things you know but you don't always remember. I feel like I'm learning it again.

There are many things I'm learning over and over again. At some point I'll go over them here. Today I'm struggling with unfounded depression and trying to get over myself.

People have asked me what I'm going to do now that I'm no longer working. Honestly, I plan to spend the first week playing video games. I haven't touched a controller in a couple months and am really feeling the need to "veg-out" for a while. After that I plan to spend time trying to be a better husband, son and friend. I also plan to work on a final album. I've recently received permission from two of my favorite musicians, Terry Taylor and Steve Taylor (not related) respectively, to cover one (each) of their songs. It's incredibly exciting and I became a fan-boy for each of those moments. I might have even squealed a little.

So today I'm fighting off depression and screaming (internally of course) for joy. I will have joy. I refuse to end the day in sadness.

Here's a joke my good friend Liana told me today. It's a take-off on my favorite knock-knock joke:

Knock knock.
Who's There?
Patient cow.
Patient cow who?
Milk.

No comments: