Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm Not Allowed To Play With Sharp Objects or Lilith

The past several days have been days of not necessarily good news. From changes in life expectancy to low blood platelet counts... it's been a lot to carry.

I'm not going to go into a lot of details. Mostly because things keep changing and I'm not going to keep saying, "well this time it's..." every week. But suffice to say, most of the news this week wasn't good. On the up side, a low platelet count means they canceled my Erbitux this week because they didn't think I could handle it. I hate the stuff, in spite of what it does for me. So I got that going for me.

So I'm waiting to find out the decision on my disability application. Praying and believing that God has a plan. It's too much for a t-shirt but my thought this weeks has been:

I have cancer.
I have joy.
Which one is going to direct my life and attitude?


Today I'm choosing joy. Today I'm thinking about this wonderful woman, this partner, at home who loves me. It's been a rough week. But, in the end, I've got everything I need.

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures

No comments: