Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where Aaron sounds like a sniveling baby... only upbeat.

I'll post more video soon. I promise. Right now I'm looking for a cheap web-cam to make the process a little easier.

I'm almost at the goal weight I need to reach for having gastric-bypass surgery. By next Friday, January 23rd, I should be able to post an actual surgery date. Kristin and I are both very excited.

It's been a pretty complicated week. While trying to recover from my current colon infection (is it just me or does that phrase give everyone an image of me being over-run by little ":"s) I had a pretty bad fall in an alley on Thursday afternoon. Normally, for just about everyone, that random fall where you go down and realize you just can't stop it is an incredibly unpleasant experience. At 450lbs or so, however, it's like being hit by a car. To top it off I landed directly on my stomach, risking a colon rupture (which I suppose would look a lot like ";"), and leaving me, well... just really hurting. Right now I can't tell if my infection is getting worse or if I've just severely bruised my abdominal muscles. (Though I think I have a fever, which would suggest the former.)

The goal right now is to stay out of the hospital. I don't want anything to postpone this surgery.

The side effects of the current antibiotics I'm on include numerous things you don't want to hear about, as well as sever heart-burn. I'll just say I'm uncomfortable.

I'm not trying to whine. I've just had quite a few people ask for an update on my health. There it is.

In much better news (why do so many of my paragraphs start with the letter "I") I've got a show coming up on Friday, March 6th, at The Lord Leebrick under the name Junk Mail Prophet. It's going to be fun and just different enough to keep me interested. Also, was able to have tea with a friend I haven't seen since my wedding last night and it was really great to see her. I don't feel like I get to see any of my friends enough, or at all, these days and her smile was a welcome break from thinking about working out, eating right and surgery.

No comments: