Saturday, January 10, 2009

Insert Thoughtful Title Here... if you dare

I guess I've been extra introspective lately. Maybe it's the weight loss, or the preparation there-of. It's possible that it's just a matter of me eating less and thus thinking more.

...but that the dread of something after death...

So many changes right now, and even more preparation for changes. I'm amazed that Kristin is putting up with it all. She really loves me.

Just a medical update:
I've had to switch from the "extended release" version of my anti-anxiety pills to a normal version because I can't take anything extended release after my surgery. This has resulted in the same headaches I received when I had to go completely off these meds a year ago. But not the other side effects. "So I've got that going for me."

My diverticulitis has flared up. I've managed to avoid the hospital this time but am back on two different antibiotics and a "clear liquid" diet. (I'll have to pick up some Jell-o™ on the way home today.) I can't tell if I'm running a fever right now or not because I've lost just enough weight that sometimes I'm cold at work... so I can't really tell. Does that make any sense?

Anyhow... I'm in good spirits. God is in control and has a plan.

"By an act of faith, Abraham said yes to God's call to travel to an unknown place that would become his home. When he left he had no idea where he was going. By an act of faith he lived in the country promised him, lived as a stranger camping in tents. Isaac and Jacob did the same, living under the same promise. Abraham did it by keeping his eye on an unseen city with real, eternal foundations—the City designed and built by God." Hebrews 11:8 (The Message © Eugene H. Peterson)

No comments: