Sunday, September 28, 2008

Un-Civil Servant

There's a song, a hymn, which has always bothered me to sing:

Make me a servant, humble and meek.
Lord let me lift up those who are week.
And may the prayer of my heart always be,
"Make me a servant. Make me a servant."
Make me a servant today.


I guess, and this is an old story for many Christians, part of me is afraid that when/if I ask God to make me a servant He'll put things in front of me that I cannot handle, take me to places I don't want to go... That I'll end up somewhere with no showers and lots of bugs.

Sounds pretty shallow doesn't it? Well, it is. So, that's my new prayer. From now until I feel the need to change, my daily prayer will be that God makes me his servant and puts me, and thus my wife (sorry honey) wherever he wants me.

This should be interesting.

Get comfy at judasforgiven.com

1 comment:

Kristin Hawke said...

Well, I don't like it but if you go, I go. I"ll try not to kick and scream too much.