Monday, August 25, 2008

Blook Pressure and Insulin

So let's recap. Shall we? We shall.

Wednesday before last (8/13) I had what appeared to be a "flair up" of my diverticulitis. Lots of pain. Barely made it through work.

The next morning I woke up with pain I had not experienced since I had been hospitalized in April. I fought against the idea of going to the hospital all day and finally gave in that afternoon. Kristin drove me to the hospital where I could barely speak and was experiencing what the ER doctor referred to as tachycardia.

The next couple of days are a blur. My blood pressure would not "normalize". At one point it was 68/20. I was septic, and had a ruptured bowel. (Later they said they believed it was ruptured in April and had just not been discovered.)

I was in the hospital until this past Wednesday and came home that evening. I still have no stamina and, while I had planned on returning to work today, will not be able to return to work, until this Saturday (still against my surgeon's whishes).

They hope to perform surgery in 4-5 weeks laparoscopically with a very short recovery time. Also, because of some of my medications for diabetes not being conducive for surgery, I'm now officially injecting myself with insulin. Isn't that special?

This is going to leave us financially completely screwed. (I was going to make some joke about mowing your lawns but I can't even get my shoes on right now.) Kristin has been an amazing friend and wife but she's pretty drained at this point. I don't know what we'd do without our parents around right now.

Ok... starting to ramble. Just keep us in your prayers. God has a plan, whether I like it or not.

Get comfy at

No comments: