Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life... Magnified.

Having cancer is just like not having cancer. It's just life magnified.

For example: If you don't have cancer and you're just sitting at home watching television, and your doctor calls and says he's scheduled a test for you... just out of the blue... you get a little shocked, downplay it to your loved ones and plan to go do the test.

If you do have cancer and you're just sitting at home watching television, and your oncologist calls and says he's scheduled a test for you... just out of the blue... you freak out for a moment, strongly downplay it to your loved ones, freak out again, and plan to go do the test.

It's life as usual but not. Days still have their ups and downs. Moments are still special. It's just that those wonderful moments, those tense moments, any emotional moment is intensified. It's magnified.

Having cancer is just like not having cancer. Only different.

[edit] When someone walks into your house and says, with no malice intent, "I'm going to make you cry." Believe him. I've spoken before about how amazing it was to work with the people I worked with at KMTR. It was truly a rewarding experience. But they just filled my fridge, dropped off so many dry goods that I don't know where to put them and gave me money they had left over from shopping. You should be watching they're channel just because they're the nicest people I've ever worked with, let alone that they've got the best news coverage and reporting in the state! I'm overwhelmed. [/edit]




This isn't a commercial or ad, by any means, but... I get asked for technical help a lot. Help with HTML, web pages, spyware removal, virus removal, etc. As my life gets more and more complicated (and dwindles eventually) I'm going to have less time to do that kind of work and definitely less energy. A2Z Techsource is owned by an old friend of mine, Bob Rice. He's a good guy. Honesty, trustworthy and savvy. I recommend him highly for whatever tech/computer based work you need to get done.

2 comments:

2littlechicas said...

Aaron, it was not until recently that I was made aware of the your illness. I want you to know that I am encouraged by your strength, character, and integrity that you show and appreciate your honesty. Praise God that he provided for you today. In my continued prayers Blessings

Bob Rice said...

Geez Aaron... I'm grateful and completely humbled by your kind words. I had no idea you did this until Tara just pointed it out to me. Thank you my friend.