Thursday, September 10, 2009

update... because i should

I haven't wanted to write anything this week. I guess I feel like I don't have much to say. The truth is that I'm having a hard time getting out of this funk. My life is good. It's amazing in fact. I've been privileged to spend some time with old friends like Lilith and Tim recently and a lot of time with our new friend Sonja, who is just a hoot and a half.

My wife is one of God's greatest miracles in my life. She's smart, beautiful, kind and funny. I couldn't do any of this without her and the unconditional love she gives to me.

So this'll be brief. For those who want to know, I'm experiencing a lot of joint pain which is a result of being on such a high dose of chemo for so long. It'll go away in a few months. In the mean-time, I have drugs. Money is tight. Every time we pay a bill I think about the fact that I'm no longer contributing to our income and how hard Kristin works.

But today, and every day, is a miracle. I'm amazed at how beautiful the sky is and how wonderful people can be. There is joy in my heart.

Also, I'm craving meat like it's oxygen.

Thank you all for your support.

No comments: