Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I Will Not Claim It In A Box. I Will Not Claim It With A Fox.

The phrase that keeps being thrown at me is, "You have to claim the healing." For those non-Christians out there, this is a reference to, "the healing Christ has already provided." Or to the, "healing Christ already died for on the cross." There's just one huge problem with this "theology"... it isn't scriptural.

Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for sin. If there was any healing intended, it was to heal the rift between mankind and God.

"God sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin. Having faith in him sets us in the clear. God decided on this course of action in full view of the public—to set the world in the clear with himself through the sacrifice of Jesus, finally taking care of the sins he had so patiently endured. This is not only clear, but it's now—this is current history! God sets things right. He also makes it possible for us to live in his rightness." Romans 3:25-26 (The Message)


To claim healing is a way of trying to bully God. He may or may not heal me. I'm not ruling it out. But if I go around saying that God is going to heal me, I'm demanding something from God. I can pray for healing. And I do. However, what I pray for more than anything is for God's will. Because I know that God's will, His plan, is the best future for all involved... that is what I pray for.

I will not spend the time I have left here telling everyone that God is going to heal me when no one, other than God, knows what the future holds. How does that affect the faith of others if it doesn't happen. If this Christian, who professes God's grace, joy and will says repeatedly that God will heal him and it doesn't happen. What does that prove?

The fact is that Jesus died for my sins. He paid the ultimate price so that I could re-form a relationship with God. I will not diminish that.

Sorry if this is a little "preachy" for some of you. I try to keep that toned down and just talk about the amazing joy that God provides me each day. The joy I choose to bathe in... for the most part. We're all human right?

Anywho... This made me cry:


But this made me laugh:

2 comments:

sarah said...

i really like the C & H comic. it made me smile.

so you're preachy, whatever. it's your space dude.

Valjean said...

Well said.

My prayers these days are for peace in my heart for whatever God decides. Not always an easy prayer but heart felt.