Thursday, April 30, 2009

I need Jesus... and a little caffeine always helps.

I heard someone speak the other day about when hard things happen in our lives and how God puts them there to remind us that we need him. I don't know that I agree with that. I mean, even in Job, God only allows the events to occur. He doesn't create or cause them.

But it made me think, no matter how inaccurate it was. If nothing else, that really is the bright side of "trials" in our lives. No matter how difficult it gets, we can use it as a reminder that we can't do it alone. God has put people in our life. Friends, family, co-workers... all in our life for a reason. More than even that, God is in our life. He's there and available. The only thing we have to do is lean against Him.

Someone posted just a title to a hymn tonight on their Facebook, "I Need Thee Every Hour":

I need Thee every hour, oh most gracious Lord
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford

I need Thee, oh I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
O bless me now my Savior
I come to Thee

Don't ever forget that no matter how horrible life becomes God is available for you. As I continue to choose joy daily in my life, the person that makes that decision easier is Jesus.

Here's a copy of the song that's a wonderful recording by Jars of Clay:



You can purchase the song, or album, here.

No comments: