Monday, March 30, 2009

Laughter, Pizza and Flyers

So quick update... I still have cancer. It's pretty amazing the number of people who have come out of the woodwork, so to speak, to support me. From people I haven't seen since high school to people I've never seen... even now.

This weekend I participated in the umpteenth annual Eugene Laff-Off ( a fund-raiser for Green Hill Human Society ) and managed to eek out first place amongst some really talented people. It was a fun experience. I haven't done comedy in a little while, what with the little health issues and everything. It was the first time my parents had seen me do stand-up and that made it very special. I also had old friends from high-school, real and internet friends, one of my many Christian/Lesbian friends and my amazinglybeautifulandtalented wife.

Anywho... The video is down below if you want to watch it. The audio isn't very good. I'll try to post something better when the DVD of the show is available. (Hello Leigh Anne?)

Back on the cancer front, the bills are rolling in like a steam roller over a cat in the old MGM Tom & Jerry cartoons. The folks over at KMTR, who have been amazingly supportive, got together with Papa's Pizza on Coburg road and organized a fund raiser for me. If you go in with the flyer below on April 16th half of the cost of your order will go towards my medical expenses. Please help out if you can. (Click here for the flyer.)

I'd really love to see you there. Because I have to work that night I'll be there from 11:30am until 5pm. But the event will be from open (11am) to close (Midnight).

1 comment:

Campus care said...

Hi Aaron,

While at the Willamette Valley Cancer Center today, awaiting radiation, I read about you in Bob’s column. I’m sorry you have to join the “I-don’t-want-to-be-in-it-club” but I’m happy to see someone else smiling through cancer. At the risk of sounding like your mother, I’m proud of you and your attitude is inspirational. I’m not dying from my cancer at this time but if I do, I’m going down happy.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer September 24, 2008 and I’m a month away from finishing up my treatment. People are having a hard time understanding my sense of humor through this but that’s the only way I know how to deal with this. If you need to talk, you can contact me via my website at…. www.caringbridge.org/visit/reneeswartz
I have a few fun stories in there too.

Hugs, kisses and blessings,
Renee