Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Final Countdown... No. This will not be as entertaining at the Europe video.

Short story made long...

I found out, at my monthly gastric-bypass support meeting that I would have to pay my portion of the surgery cost, "after" insurance, up-front. This sent Kristin and I into a semi-tailspin. Didn't sleep at all that night and spent most of the next day trying to figure out how God was going to solve this.

A little aside here: When I talk about God solving a problem, that doesn't always mean I expect a mysterious bolt of lightning or writing on a wall. Sometimes it means that God gives me the patience to wait and see what he's doing. Sometimes it means that I change some plans in faith that God's plan is bigger than mine.

Back to our story: God came through with all the money required for the surgery, plus some extra available in case the costs rise. Most of it is in the form of a loan. But it's a loan that my credit score, even with Kristin's attached, would never have allowed. We'll be able to pay it back in really amazingly reasonable increments.

So... in the end, God is still on the throne and I'm still a humble servant sitting in amazement at all he's done. After Jesus was born, the Bible says that Mary treasured "these things" in heart. I think we all need to do that more often in both the small, and huge, miracles in our lives.

1 comment:

Bob Rice said...

God Bless you Aaron. God does indeed have a plan for you. The wisdom of man is but folly to God, or something like that, is so true.

Thank you for trusting in His plan and thank you for your faith and encouragement. Keep up the blog, you're doing great.

We will be praying for you and your family during this time. Be forever comforted in the knowledge that you are a child of God and that He loves you and cares for you.