Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yesterday was a good day.

Kristin took me to her family reunion. It was a little surreal being at a campground so soon after my Grandpa passed. But it was a good time.

I had "the talk" with her dad. And he gave me "the blessing". I don't think I've been so afraid yet so determined in my life. But he didn't even hesitate.

I pulled out the guitar by the fire and sang/played as Kristin's niece, Megan, danced her little four-year-old self into exhaustion. Did a couple of improv songs at "Dad's" request. Had fun.

In the end, it's just what I needed.

My Mom flies out to California today for the funeral. I wish I could go, which kind of suprises me. But I'll see my Grandma in August. That's less than a month away.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry I didn't say a thing about Grandpa when you called. I was just so excited to hear your voice and even more overjoyed about your new found happiness that it completely slipped my mind. After my visit to California, nobody could ever tell me that they weren't my grandparents too, because they treated me as if I'd been in their lives since I was born. This place we live in is a little darker now, but Heaven is brighter than ever........Love ya Grandpa...