Monday, May 26, 2008

blood, water... fat?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBnW3tdtfwQ[/youtube]

Kristin and I don't have a lot of money. We spend a lot of time hoping that a charge won't come out of our bank account until our paycheck gets deposited. But lately, I've really felt like we should be doing something more with the money we do have. Giving something.

Giving wasn't always as important to me because I was frequently involved in some form of volunteer capacity that I felt was my form of giving. But now our work schedules keep us so busy that I can't fall back on that anymore. (Not that I probably should have in the first place.)

So right now I'm looking at some charities and trying to decide what to do. I'm most pulled toward a group called blood:water mission who's goal is to provide clean water and clean blood (HIV/AIDS prevention) around the world.

It just seems like there's more I should be doing.

The other idea that hit me is a weight loss challenge. As I prepare/plan for this weight loss surgery, at some point I will neeed to lose a portion of the weight before the surgery. I wonder if I could get friends, co-workers and family to pledge a certain amount per pound I lose before surgery? (With all the money going towards blood:water.) I think it's a good idea.

No comments: