Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sometimes we are so focused on what's going on to us that we can't see what's happening to others. I'm having the opposite problem. Maybe it's a self-preservation mechanism.

Since I've started looking for work I think a lot about people and how they look at Christians. I've always said, and I think I got this from Mike Langely, that people should look at Christ, not Christians. But, like it or not, we are a representation to people of Christ here and now. So when we go out and buy a car, a boat, or even a meal that we don't need... people see that. They see it and wonder.

When I walk up to church and see expensive cars in the parking lot, I wonder what the Church's neighbors think of those cars as they're struggling to keep the electricity on.

Maybe I've got no point here. Maybe it's just another distraction. But it's what I've been thinking of.

That and the Queen song, "I want to be free" keeps running through my head.

No comments: